Category Archives: Meeting Update
Minutes of Meeting as on 15th Nov. 2009
I am sure you will all agree that we had a wonderful time yesterday. We warmly welcome the new members.
As the discussions, debates and views gathered momentum we could see the vision of Tarang gaining ground.
The minutes of the meeting on Nov 15th are as follows:
1) Night school plan by Charul & Team.
2) Child sponsorship for education plan by Bhupendra & Team.
3) One proposal for starting school in Rajasthan as come, we’ll discuss that too.
Night school plan by Charul & Team
The findings were an eye- opener:
One of the best night schools in Vile Parle was visited by the team. Continuous meetings and discussions with the school principal brought many things into light.
To highlight a few: the school teachers are dedicated, attendance poor, infrastructural concerns and financial issues.
OUR SPECIFIC PLAN OF ACTION:
1. Visit planned on Tuesday â€“ Nov 17th with the school teachers to have their point of view
2. An evening visit on Nov 29th to understand the students perspective, followed by dinner for them.
People to be present: Bhavdeep, Nitesh, Siddesh, Ketan, Nitin, Rajendra, Charul, PK, Yogesh, Paresh, Ajay, Rishi, Bhupendra, Karan, Ravi and Deepa
3. Motivational Speakers on Nov 29th:
Bhavdeep and Kannan & Ketan (Siddesh & Bhupendra to get)who have passed out from Night school
4. Raise funds for 80,000/- for the night school (DONE)
People committed : Bhavdeep -25k; Rishi -15k, Charul -10k, Ajay -10k, Bhupendra -5k, Deepa -5k, Rajendra -3k, Siddesh -3k, PK -4k
5. To bring in 5 new members
6. Office to be established at Rishiâ€™s old office at Chakala
IN THE MEANTIME:
1. Documentation of the night school and credibility to be established.
2. Incentive structure to be put in place â€“ incentive options to be explored: Food Seva every evening after school, Ration for the family, Introduction of English
3. Meeting with Prithi Patekar, who runs a BMC night school centre
4. Gather more information on Infosys scholarship
Child sponsorship for education plan by PK & Team
Close discussions with the underprivileged revealed that the reasons for dropping out of schools are many. Tackling on an individual basis is not possible.
Research needs to be done further to arrive at a structure wherein a child can be sponsored totally.
OUR SPECIFIC PLAN OF ACTION:
1. Meet the eight children who dropped out at Bhupendraâ€™s house on Tuesday Nov 17th to have their perspective
2. Visit another slum area on Nov 22nd to research further.
3. To have in total 3 visits of different slum areas before the next meeting
4. Check out the possibilities of sponsoring 5 children in tuitions for helping them with the SSC curriculum
One proposal for starting school in Rajasthan
We have a generous body ready to donate a piece of land to anyone interested in opening a school in Rajasthan.
Our mission is to grab this opportunity for having our Tarang Residential School, our pilot project
NEXT MEETING: 13TH DECEMBER TIME: 10 to 1pm
Finally, thank you all those who made it for the meeting and also those who couldnâ€™t â€¦. your intentions to make a difference is clear…anyways.
Looking forward to a happening month
Minutes of the minute complied by Deepa – Thank you so much Deepa for all the hard work done with so much of passion.
Meeting regarding Night School
Today,Â Ajay Baliga, Charul Abuwala, Bhavdeep Pandya & Rishi Modi met today to discuss next action to be taken in supporting night school children. Â Bhavdeep gave his feedback and ideas about how we can support night school children.
All of them finally decided that they’ll all personally visit these night schools between 27 th oct and 31st oct. every day and see how they function and what we need to accomplish. Â In the meeting it was decided that Ajay Baliga & Bhavdeep Pandya will visit few night school in near by region and take alignment from principals that we can visit these schools to study the working of night school.
They also planned to meet on 8th to finalize the project of night school.